This shop/post has been compensated by Collective Bias, INC. and The Coca-Cola Company, all opinions are mine alone.
Don’t you love summertime? It is the time of year to eat a lot of good food and have fun with your loved ones. How about simple recipes that you can cook that don’t involve a lot of hard work?
I love easy recipes with a twist. I especially enjoy remixing my recipes to incorporate some of my favorite meats. My daughter loves Puerto Rican dishes, which is the reason I made a Fricassee sauce for our chicken signature meal from Jewel! I appreciate the signature deal because it’s economical and it’s a complete family meal. This includes a rotisserie chicken with an option of sides such as mashed potatoes, potato salad, potato wedges, macaroni salad or coleslaw and Hawaiian Rolls.
In addition to this scrumptious meal, we add Gold Peak® tea. We enjoy drinking sweet tea in the summertime. I like the fact that it is made with real sugar. Who doesn’t love a tall cold glass of tea during this season? My daughter and I sure do! This recipe is convenient because the chicken is already prepared.Check out this quick recipe below!
Fricassee Sauce (over chicken)
- Chicken pieces (1 whole chicken)
- 3 teaspoons of adobo seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of cilantro
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper1 onion
- Puree the onion, cilantro, red & green peppers, and garlic to create a quick sofrito.
- Add the olive oil to a pan (medium heat) and add the mix.
- Stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, paste, seasoning, and bay leaves and let it slowly marinate for 15 minutes.
Once done you can pour the sauce over your chicken.
The Gold Peak tea is located in the beverage aisle with the other teas. When you visit Jewel make sure you check out the Coca-Cola products and meal pairings! Enjoy!
Latest posts by Raquel (see all)
- Meet Elza, Latinx Multidisciplinary Artist & Instructor - February 4, 2019
- Meet Kleaver Cruz, Founder of The Black Joy Project - October 8, 2018
- Things You Shouldn’t Say or Do When Your Friend is Going Through A Divorce - October 1, 2018