Contribute to Our Site
You are invited to contribute to our site. We are honored to be one of the first independent blog sites to offer “a fresh, urban, Afro-Latina perspective” to the digital space. Boriqua Chicks shares entertainment and lifestyle stories, as well as speaks about the very real experience of identifying as Afro-Latino/a. From thoughtful and provocative editorial, to the latest news in Hollywood for people of color, we entertain, enlighten, and empower our audience.
We publish new blog posts on a weekly basis and welcome original, exciting, and high-quality content that complements our editorial environment.
When you contribute a guest post to BoriquaChicks.com, you are gaining exposure on our booming site, as well as with our social media community. It’s a great opportunity to showcase your expertise and/or offer your unique point of view.
Our readers are people of color, who are seeking the latest in celebrity news and interesting lifestyle stories that impact African-American, Latino/a, and Afro-Caribbean peoples.
We focus on people/places/events/opinions in the following categories, but we are open to submissions in other areas:
- Entrepreneur Talk
- Beauty / Belleza
Before you submit a guest blog post, we encourage you to peruse our site and social media channels to familiarize yourself with the type of content we publish. We select writers who offer a refreshing take on stories that are relevant to our audience. Here’s what you need to know, before submitting an article:
- Article length: Preferred word count is 250 – 650 words. While substance is more critical than length, we are unable to accept articles that are excessively long.
- Freshness: Content must be original, not submitted to other sites, and unpublished (not even to your blog). Please be advised that plagiarism is unacceptable.
- Stimulating: We desire entertaining, enlightening, and/or empowering content. We are not looking for what’s in style, but what our readers will be interested in tomorrow.
- Self-promotion: No press release or stories solely about your blog, business, book, or event will be accepted. Neither will posts with promotional links be accepted.
- Quotes/ Claims: If you make any claims (legal, historical, health, etc.) or provide any quotes, please provide the source via a reference and/or link.
- Proofread: We will only accept well-developed articles that have been proofread and edited.
- Edit: We reserve the right to tweak and edit your suggested title and article for sentence structure, grammar, clarity, punctuation, format, and flow.
- Photos: We only accept images that you have taken or have the explicit rights to use.
- Notification: Due to the amount of submissions we receive, we will only contact you if we accept your article. If you do not hear from us within 10 business days, please feel free to submit the piece to other publishers. If you would like to submit a different article, please wait 10 business days after the previous submission.
- Share: If your article is published, we expect you to share, share, and share. 😉
- Compensation: Guest bloggers are not compensated.
Please read our Guest Contributor Agreement before submitting your awesome content below.