As a Guest contributor (“You”) agree to allow Boriqua Chicks (“Boriqua Chicks”) to publish original articles written by You (the “Articles”) on Boriqua Chicks’s website (“BoriquaChicks.com”). You grant Boriqua Chicks the following rights/license of the Articles:
1) Worldwide rights to publish in any or all print and digital editions/versions of Boriqua Chicks’ websites, which include but is not limited to Afro-Latinos Rock, Afro-Latinas Rock, whether in the English language or translated into a different language, including any successor, similar or replacement versions thereof;
2) The right to use the Articles as it appears on the websites in advertising and promoting Boriqua Chicks, its products or services, as well as the right to excerpt and create teasers and summaries of the Articles;
3) The right to republish, store, syndicate, distribute in print or digital media of all or any portion of the Articles in any language and in any country;
4) The right to publish the Articles in whole or in part in a print or digital edition of an anthology and in a digital database;
5) The right to use your name, likeness, and the logo of Your brand, in a fair and dignified manner and to publish information about you in connection with the advertising and promotion of the Articles;
6) You agree for a period of one (1) month from the published date not to publish or permit others to publish any work that consists of the Articles in its entirety or is substantially similar to the Articles, without the permission of Boriqua Chicks.
7) All rights granted by this agreement are granted in perpetuity and applicable in all media including, but not limited to, all digital media, internet, wireless or mobile platforms whether now known or hereafter created.
You represent and warrant that the Articles are original work, that the Articles are
not owned by any third party, that the Articles are accurate, that the Articles have not been obtained by unlawful means, that the Articles have not been previously published in any manner or medium, specifically including, but not limited to, print or digital means, and that publication of the article by Boriqua Chicks will not violate any copyright or other intellectual property right of any third party.
You agree to cooperate in the defense of any legal action brought against Boriqua Chicks arising from the publication of your Articles and you agree to retain all notes, drafts and copies relating to the Articles for one (1) year from acceptance. You agree and represent that you will disclose to Boriqua Chicks in writing any actual or potential conflict of interest, including but not limited to any financial interest in any product, firm, or commercial venture relating to the subject of the Articles. Boriqua Chicks reserves the right to remove and permanently delete from BoriquaChicks.com any of the Articles without notice that violate its publishing standards or for any reason we deem sufficient. You agree and represent that you will not use your association with Boriqua Chicks to advertise or otherwise promote or identify yourself in any speaking engagements or public appearances without the prior written consent of Boriqua Chicks. In addition, you will not use your association with Boriqua Chicks to solicit or accept free or discounted gifts or services.
Boriqua Chicks may add images and graphics to the Articles. You grant Boriqua Chicks the right to edit and/or revise the Articles for publication.
Boriqua Chicks is under no obligation to pay You for the submitted Articles.
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois.
By submitting Articles to Boriqua Chicks, You indicate acceptance of these terms.